Merchandise returns for hardware, software, parts, and peripherals, other than computer systems*, may be considered if:
- The customer provides the original receipt (or a copy of the original receipt).
- The return is requested within 14 calendar days of purchase, as indicated on the receipt.
- Merchandise is returned in the unopened, original packaging (if product packaging includes shrink-wrap, the shrink-wrap must be intact).
- Return for merchandise that is not normally carried "in-stock" will be considered by Tech CYte pending the return approval from the vendor, and given that the above terms are also met.
- Shipping charges are not refunded on returns. Exchanges are subject to new shipping charges.
- Tech CYte supervisors must approve all returns.
- Returns are subject to a restocking fee of the greater of $30 or 10% of the order.
- This Return Policy applies to both personal and departmental purchases.
* Computer systems are subject to the return policies of the individual vendors (Apple, Compaq, Dell, Gateway, and Hewlett-Packard) per Iowa State University's contract with the vendor. Policies vary from vendor to vendor. For computer system returns, refer to the Tech CYte vendor web pages and the terms stated on your original paperwork/receipt.