Textbook Adoption Deadlines:
Fall Semester - March 1
Spring Semester - October 1
Summer Semester - March 1
Textbooks & CourseWorks Contacts
Book Division Manager & CourseWorks Buyer
Selling Back Books
Students can sell back books anytime during normal business hours. We are currently buying on behalf of a used textbook wholesale company and they set the prices we can pay. At the end-of-semester buyback we are buying back for our own stock and we set the prices and they can be much higher. If possible, it is usually better to wait until the end of the semester to sell your books.
How Do I Adopt Textbooks & Supplies for my class?
To adopt textbooks or supplies for your class, contact your Academic Coordinator. Don't know who your coordinator is, check out the Academic Coordinators List. When you adopt books for your class, you are letting the Iowa State University Bookstore know what books & supplies you would like your students to purchase for your class so we can have the books in stock when the semester begins.
How do I order a CourseWorks packet?
- Bring in a clean copy of the materials you wish to reproduce to the Courseworks Office, located in the Textbook Department of the University Book Store.
- Fill out a CourseWorks Order Form. Be sure to choose your binding and cover options and include special instructions.
- If you have copyrighted materials, submit a bibliography with your order.
- Submit your order to Heather Dean - Phone: 294-0237.
- Simply wait for the materials to be printed and your complimentary desk copies will be delivered to you.
CourseWorks Order Form
Coursepacket Bibliography Form
Copyright Compliance Q&A