Textbook Rental Agreement
When you rent textbooks, you enter into a rental agreement with the Iowa State University Book Store to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbook rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester.
Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- All titles for rent are property of the Iowa State University Book Store.
- You are responsible for inspecting the condition of your material(s). Any existing damage must be reported to the ISU Bookstore within 5 days of rental. You will be responsible for any damage upon return of the rental.
- Materials are to be returned in the appropriate condition: clean, limited writing, highlighting, and notes - No smoke, fire or water/liquid damage. You agree to be billed for the replacement price of the used textbook if any of the items are damaged or missing.
- Materials are to be returned to the ISU Bookstore on or before the due date listed on your pack slip or store receipt. You agree to be billed for the replacement price of the used textbook if the rental is not returned on time.
- If you decide you would like to keep your rental materials, you may convert your rental to a purchase up until midterm. After midterm, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- When returning a rented textbook, your student ID card and/or student number must be presented in order to properly return the book on your account. (Failure to follow this instruction will result in the book not being credited to your account and will be treated as an un-returned book.)
- Textbooks rented at the Iowa State University Book Store may be returned for a full refund within the guidelines listed under our Textbook Return Policy.