College of Engineering
- Note that some of the Engineering software is only available on Windows (i.e. Solidworks). This should be taken into consideration when choosing a suitable computer to purchase for your major. If you find your laptop can’t handle a particular Engineering application, there are remote computing options available. View the College of Engineering computer requirements website for more information.
- Typical use scenarios - see College of Engineering website for detailed specs:
- Minimum/Economical: Web browsing, Microsoft Office-type applications, connecting to a remote computer
- Recommended: Running engineering applications for software programming, scripting, 2D modeling, and development IDEs
- High Performance/Advanced: Running engineering applications for 3D modeling and Virtual Reality. Contact us at email@example.com to place a special order.
Order from TechCyte today with
tax-free savings and education discounts
The computers listed in the links above are based typical use recommendations and specifications listed on the
College of Engineering website for current computer models available to purchase at TechCyte.
*Make sure to read through the Engineering computer requirements before purchasing a Mac.