The TechCyte Service Center is located in TechCyte in the ISU Book Store.
We are staffed with licensed and trained technicians that can service both Dell and Apple devices.
The TechCyte Service center is available to help Iowa State students, faculty, staff, and departments resolve computer hardware problems.
TechCyte Service Center can help you with:
- Apple & Dell Hardware repair
- Evaluate, recommend, and install cards and drives into supported brands
- Provide computer data recovery for most computers and storage devices
Request Service - Choose One:
- Book an appointment with the Service Center here or by using the button below. At your scheduled time, bring your equipment to the ISU Book Store, Room 1150 in the Memorial Union. The Service Center is located in TechCyte, the technology department, near the parking ramp entrance of the store. We can create an incident number on your behalf and collect the information pertinent to the repair process at time of drop off.
- Submit Service Request Ticket, then book an appointment and then bring in your device to the TechCyte Service Center during your scheduled appointment with the request number provided when you created your ticket to drop off your device.
Personal device repairs can be billed to your U-Bill or charged to a credit card. Departmental repairs can be charged to a Worktag or with an Iowa State Purchasing Card (PCard).
|Data Recovery (not available for all devices)||$78.00/device|
|Parts||Varies by part & warranty coverage|
|On-Site Service/Standard Labor Rates||$52.00/hour|
*Cost depends on computer and warranty coverage. Diagnostic/Check-In Fee may be waived depending on warranty coverage. For machines under warranty, a standard labor rate of $52.00 applies when not covered by vendor.
**Does not include cost of parts
***Proof of ownership required and computer must be in good working order. Hourly rate if installation goes beyond one hour.